Weekends are not long enough!

17:57

Now that i'm back working full-time for the first time in over 3 years, i once again realise that weekends just aren't long enough. I really enjoy my new work, but I also just want to spend all my time hanging out with my family and exploring my new home.

Friday night we finally tried out this pizza and wine bar we've been eyeing off since we got here, and it didn't disappoint. It's called Wine and Pizza 58, and the pizzas are tasty. The weird thing we've noticed over here though is all places we've been to so far serve their red wine chilled. I have no idea why. It's so weird!

We took the little man for a much needed haircut at a salon I had seen a few times in Okinawa City. It was great! He got to sit in a car and watch Planes (the movie) while a woman cut his hair. It was so easy and so cheap! The play was called Hair Boy or something, and you just turn up without an appointment.

I also got to go to Hama Sushi, which is a 100 yen sushi train in Okinawa City. Super cheap and delicious! They have a decent amount of vegetarian stuff for my lady, and lots of fish for me! I know it's like the McDonalds of the sushi world, but I could eat there everyday. Also, Griff thinks it's the best place ever having plates of food going around on a conveyor belt!

It's gradually starting to get warmer over here, and i'm really excited for beach swimming weather, but I know it will also quickly get crazy hot a humid, which i'm telling myself I will embrace, rather than letting the humidity turn me in to an irritable crazy grump like it does when I go to Brisbane. Hopefully having the ability to walk over and swim in the ocean will help!

Sushi Train and cold beer!


Hair Salon puppy


Sunday morning beach stroll


I found this transparent jellyfish on the beach


America Village in Chatan


You can see our house across the bay here


You Might Also Like

0 comments