Temporary single parent

00:46

The good news is that H got a great job offer over here, the bad news is that she has had to return to Australia to wait for the visa to be issued, and we don't know how long this will take. So for the past week (and a day - not that i'm counting or anything), I've been running solo over here with the parenting and life situation. I'm not good at it. I honestly have no idea how people do long distance relationships for anything more than a few weeks (I've found one week to be torture) - hats off to the people that do. Hurry home my lady!

In this week Okinawa was to be hit by a typhoon, my first since we arrived. I had to bring any loose items inside the house and made sure all the windows were closed properly, buy torches, water etc in case the power went out. Luckily it wasn't very strong, so there was no loss of power, which meant that I didn't get my expected typhoon day off work :(

Taking the boys for a walk

Mushi has been getting adventurous

I've been binge watching Friends with the pets after Griff goes to bed. It's like a warm hug

I love Netflix

I took Griff to get a haircut

The final product - looks like he's aged a year

Preparing for the typhoon - the table became a pretend car

Trees strapped up prior to typhoon Noul

My typhoon company

I had to throw together a last minute bento for Griff the day after the typhoon

Because it's really hard to try and walk the dog during the week with a 3 year old in tow, i've occasionally been coming home from work for lunch and taking the puppy for his work. It's been really relaxing actually and nice to get out of the air-conditioned office and out in to the beautiful weather.

Lunch-time walks with Ollie

Hot day needs a dip in the ocean after his walk

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hope things are going well without Helen, I am sure your already ready for her to be back...hopefully its not too much longer

    ReplyDelete