Ploughman's Lunch Bakery

17:19

Sunday morning after our usual breakfast cafe was full, we decided on a whim to venture down to a vegetarian friendly cafe in Kitanakagusuku. I'm so glad that we did because I think it is my favourite cafe in Okinawa so far. The Ploughman's Lunch Bakery isn't too far from the Kitanakagusuku exit of the Okinawa expressway in an area with lots of other cute looking cafe's (of which I now must try!). The thing that first drew me to this place is the fact that it opens at 8am (unlike most other places which don't open til 11) so I can actually get breakfast at a breakfast hour! The menu is short, but I want to try everything on it. I decided on the vietnamese ham sandwich (their take on a bahn mi), and H got the Avocade open sandwich. We also got a side of their carrot and tomato soup. All the food was really good. My only regret is that on the way there we stopped at Family Mart of a little snack because I was hangry after our original choice of cafe was full, and this meant that I didn't get through all the food we ordered.

I really enjoyed the coffee we got here and i'd almost say it was comparable to Melbourne standards. Next time I will be sure to ask whether they do a soy latte, which I didn't think of before ordering yesterday, although the fact that 2/3 of the menu is vegan makes me think this would be possible. 



Stairs up to the cafe


Vietnamese ham sandwich (bahn mi)

Avocado open sandwich

The coffee was delicious

Cute seating outside

Lovely interior

Ploughman's Lunch Bakery is open from 8am - 4pm everyday except Wednesday
http://www.ploughmans.net/

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haha! I just had lunch here again today! :)
    That avocado open sandwich, tomato/carrot soup and salad are too good!!
    I'm so glad to hear you made it here!!

    ReplyDelete