Okinawa bloggers dinner

21:48

Since I arrived in Okinawa, I was lucky to be invited to join an Okinawa bloggers group, filled with a bunch of awesome ladies who blog on the island. We have started having a monthly bloggers dinner and last night was the third once i've attended. Even though only four of us could make it, as always it was really fun, full of laughs, and delicious (except for one unfortunate incident involving Elizabeth, and fish disguised as a vegetable....). 

The bloggers! Left to right: Ashley, Elizabeth, myself and Laura. Photo credit to Elizabeth.
We went to Mamma Lella, which is up in the north of Onna on route 58. It's a really lovely little Italian restaurant run by an Italian man and his Japanese wife. They make fresh pasta and bread, and all dishes are made to order, so everything is fresh and delicious!

I opted for the Fresh tagliatelle with ragu sauce, which was really lovely, and wasn't planning on dessert, however when Ashley and Elizabeth let Laura and I try their custard tart, we immediately called the waitress over to order two more pieces. It was amazing! I'm not really a dessert person, but there was no way just one spoonful was going to cut it. I needed my own piece.

Cute little interior

Fresh made tagliatelle with ragu

Torta Nonna - the most delectable custard tart!

Once again it was great to catch up and chat and i'm looking forward to the next one!

If you are looking to read other views on life in Okinawa you can find Laura blogging at Little Island Takara, Elizabeth over at Cheers, Elizabeth and Ashley writes at Forever Fernweh.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. glad you guys had a brill night, hopefully I can make the next one! (p.s. you're looking fab Rachel!)

    ReplyDelete