Treat yo' self Okinawa

21:45

Last week, I used one of my last summer leave days to have a bit of a solo pamper day, or as I like to call it, "Treat yo' self". I haven't had a haircut since before moving to Okinawa, so it's coming up to a year. I have been basically just wearing my hair up every day since then because it just didn't look good at all....
Anyway, I finally got up the guts to try out a hair salon here in Okinawa, and it was awesome! I went to Earth in Chatan after reading some decent reviews online and loved it. My stylist was Take, and I would definitely recommend him. He speaks some English and really put effort into getting my cut right. Helen went to see him a week later and her hair is also looking HOT. I'm so glad to have a good stylist again.
New hair!
After the haircut I decided to see if I could also get in for a pedicure at Cocok, which was a short drive away and I have been wanting to do for ages. Luckily there was someone free so I got into the super comfortable recliner for the next hour while someone pampered my feet. By the end of it I was so relaxed and had crazy awesome toe nail art! I will definitely go back.

This is only 2 pages from the book full of designs to choose from!
End result!
After the pampering, I took myself to the new Rycom mall for some shopping. Basically i've been dieting like a mofo for the past month to lose some of the love weight i've put on in the last couple of years. I'm finally seeing results so was so glad to be able to try one some clothes that fit in Japanese stores!

Trying on clothes - I bought this outfit.
Lastly, that evening I met up with some of my lovely blogger friends for Thai. It's always great to catch up with these ladies and i'm so glad we've finally set up regular get togethers.

Shirokuma Thai

Blogger Meet-up!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. what a nice day I am so happy you did this and I think we all should take a leaf out of your book and do this from time-to-time. I have been to Earth a couple times and I definitely love it, my only complaint is that I love to talk and with the language barrier I don't get my usual hairdresser chat in lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so glad I did it too! It was so needed! My stylist spoke English, but I'm the opposite of you and like to have my hair cut with minimal chat, so I was happy.

      Delete