More Old Japan Photos 2006-2007

16:30

Here's the second bunch of old photos from my time teaching English in Japan in 2006-2007. While I was there my mum, Aunty, my mum's friend and her sister came over for 2 weeks, so I took time off work to take them around the country. We visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and Miyajima Island. It was a really great time and we managed to catch peak bloom of the cherry blossoms the whole way around!

This year, sometime in November i'm hoping to make the trip to Kyoto to catch the autumn leaves. I love the seasons in Japan, as they're so much more pronounced than in Australia (and even in Okinawa, which just seems to have Summer for 9 months, then rain and wind for winter!).

Asakusa Japan
Asakusa

Random

Fun times - Watching a punk band in Koga, nights out in Tokyo

Miyajima and Osaka Japan
My mum, Aunt and friends came to visit so I acted as tour guide for 2 weeks around Japan including Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Tokyo

Nikko Japan
Nikko

Ghibli Museum Japan
Random shots including the Ghibli Museum, Plum blossoms, Shibuya and the Meiji shrine

Toys!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These post are so fun. Do you notice any changes in the places from then till now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, not really. Maybe it's just that i'm not that observant, or just that it is pretty much the same :)

      Delete
  2. The pic of the plum blossom makes me want to go see them so bad! I agree with Ashley these posts are super fun!

    ReplyDelete