Dino Park Nago

17:25



A couple of weeks ago, I read how a new Dino Park attraction had opened in Nago and I knew we needed to go and check it out as soon as possible!

Dino Park is located next to Okashigoten, the Sweet Potato Factory place on route 84 in Nago, and is basically a lush forest setting with a bunch of dinosaur figures situated throughout the forest. I honestly wasn't expecting much out of it, but enjoyed it way more than I was expecting! The forest was gorgeous, incredibly lush and full of lots of different flowers and nice resting areas. The dinosaurs were also great. Some of them moved and made noises when you walked by and little G loved it!

Once we had finished walking through the forest, we made it back to the top and were super excited to see a kids area with a stegosaurus slide and some ride on dinosaurs. We thought they were just the kind of lame ride where the kid sits on the dinosaur and it bucks up and down a little... but no! It actually walked and little G got to steer the dinosaur. It was awesome and totally made everyones day! They also had a dinosaur that you put 500yen in and it lays an egg (that has a dinosaur puzzle inside!).

The shop was also big and full of dinosaur goods including stuffed toys, figurines, shirts, cookied and T-rex skull shaped senbei (which we got, of course!).

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by Dino Park. For the adults, it feels like walking around in Jurassic park and is a lovely setting, and for kids, it's awesome! If you're in northern Okinawa, I think it's worth checking out.

Dino Park in Nago, Okinawa is on route 84 next to Okashigoten, the Sweet Potato factory. It felt like walking around in Jurassic Park
Dino Park, Nago
The misty mountains and lush forest added to the Jurassic Park feel

Dino Park

Selfie time!

Not sure what these flowers are called but they were beautiful

T-Rex!

The park wasn't all dinos.

Loved this flower

Orchid growing on the side of a tree

Brachiosaurus family 

Oviraptor

Baby triceratops

I can't remember the name of this one but in Jurassic Park it killed Newman...
dragonfly

Pteranodon
In the kids play area

Stego-slide

You could actually ride the dinos! This is a total winner!



The store has the biggest range of dino goods in Okinawa
The park is open from 10:00 to 18:00 daily. The entry fee is ¥800 for adults over 18 years of age and ¥500 for children.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I don't even care for dinosaurs but this sounds fun! my little boy would love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Is this more of an outdoor/sunny day type activity? I want to check it out but I am unsure if I should do it with my son when it's rainy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would save it for a non-rainy day because I think maybe the pathways and stairs might be a bit slippery in the rain and it would be less enjoyable! It is all outside except for the gift shop, although there is a lot of tree cover. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Hi. What type of eateries are available for my family? Were they reasonably priced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few restaurants in the Sweet Potato Factory next door. All decently priced. I wrote about one of them in this post http://seachangeokinawa.blogspot.jp/2016/04/okinawa-beach-day.html

      Delete
  4. So this kind of looks like the best place ever, hahaha! I LOVE dinosaurs, this sounds like so much fun to visit. I like how they incorporated the dinos into all the foliage. Ahhh geeking out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dino park looks like a great place for a family outing. The kids would love it and not to forget the adults. The gardens look lovely too.

    ReplyDelete