Tokyo Friend-Trip Part 2

16:58


Our third day in Tokyo (but second full day) we decided to take it a little easy, and just go with the flow. After grabbing breakfast at a delicious boulangerie down the road from our apartment, we headed out to Shibuya in search of a music shop to stock up on guitar strings and other assorted music supplies that are much cheaper than in Australia! By the time we were done with that, we were ready for lunch so went to Genki Sushi! I LOVE sushi, and even more so when it's delivered to you on a "flying" plate. You just place your order on the touch screen menu (english as well!) and then it comes straight to your table on a plate that flies along a conveyor belt type thing. They had a surprising amount of vegan and vegetarian options available so everyone was full and happy by the time we rolled out of there. I actually have a video on my Youtube account of flying sushi from a Tokyo trip last year, if you want to check it out.

When in Japan, you really need to have a purikura photo session. These photo booths are found in most games centers and even though in Japanese, are not too hard to navigate!
No trip to Japan is complete without a purikura session
Genki Sushi in Shibuya has lots of vegan and vegetarian options as well as touch screen ordering!
Sushi time!
   
After lunch and some more shopping at Loft (I can't get enough of that place!) we headed out to Shimokitazawa, on the Keio Inokashira line train only about 5 minutes from Shibuya. I knew it was a cool area to wander around in, as well as having Chabuton, a ramen shop with a vegan option, that we wanted to try.

Shimokitazawa is a trendy Tokyo neighbourhood filled with vintage stores and cute bars
Shimokitazawa

More shimokita streets
While our friends went crazy shopping in Village Vanguard, H and I found ourselves a quiet little bar to have a glass of wine in while we waited. We stumbled upon Bar Sakasu in a street near the station and it turns out that it had only been open for a month. The people working there were so lovely, and they got to practice their English and my Japanese. After our friends joined us for one more drink we went to Chabuton for the vegan ramen option and veggie gyoza, which surpassed my expectations! So good! We then headed back to Shibuya and our apartment, via an electronic darts bar that we had been to the night before. Darts was one of my favourite things to do when I used to live in Japan, and i'm so glad that everyone loved it as much as I do!

A random bar we found with super nice staff and tasty wine.

Pre dinner drinks


The vegan ramen option at Chabuton in Shimokitazwawa in Tokyo is a must eat!
The vegan ramen option at Chabuton

The famous Hachiko statue at Shibuya crossing


Shibuya crossing in the rain
Rainy Shibuya Crossing
Electronic Darts
Electronic Darts
The next morning our visitors flew back to Australia, and us to Okinawa. It was such an amazing few days in Tokyo. I think showing people around Tokyo has to be one of my favourite things to do! I really should consider running my own little customised tour company!

I included the link to the awesome 2 bedroom AirBnB we stayed in in Shibuya in my previous post. I really recommend it, and I think it is one of the best I have stayed in so far!

The view from our apartment balcony

A little shrine near our apartment

Street cat waiting for it's food from the tonkatsu restaurant across from our apartment
Have you ever been lucky enough to have a friends trip overseas? Where did you go?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. My favorite trips are girlfriend trips. I love them because its so easy to go with the flow and just about anything you do is fun.

    ReplyDelete