Moon Beach Hotel, Okinawa

18:20

Moon Beach hotel in Okinawa extremely relaxing, set against azure waters and coral reef with a lovely white sand beach and two different pools.
Entrance to the beach
I'm lucky enough to live in an area of Okinawa surrounded by resort hotels. Although I don't get to stay at these hotels, I do sometimes like to take advantage of their facilities. The resort hotel closest to me is Moon Beach. Recently they opened a new lagoon pool and it is absolutely gorgeous! Usually I prefer going to the beach (salt water! snorkelling!), but every now and again I get persuaded by little G to go to the pool.

A couple of weekends ago, the weather was amazing, so we headed up to road to the Moon Beach pool. Because we were not guests at the hotel, we had to pay for parking and pool entry (500yen each) but it's worth it. There are 2 pools and the beach. The semi-indoor pool is good on a rainy day, and has a childrens pool as well. The outdoor lagoon pool is the nicer and newer of the two, but is more laid back, and you kind of need to keep more control of your children. Both pools are surrounded by sun lounges, and during the morning there was a nice bit of shade covering the lagoon pool if you are worried about getting sunburned. One other thing I really liked was the free kids arm floaties you could just borrow, which was handy because we forgot ours.

As for the beach, there are sun lounges and umbrellas but I think you need to pay for these, as well as floating rings for rent. There are also lifeguards at all the pools/beach. I noticed a beach bar near the lagoon pool, but it wasn't open when I was there (before midday), however, nothing is more resorty/relaxing than a cocktail by the pool! One last thing that I think is the icing on the cake is the relaxing hawaiian music playing near the pool. Perfect!

If you are coming to Okinawa, but can't afford the expensive resort hotel prices, you can always stay somewhere cheaper and just pay to use the facilities at the resorts. Moon Beach is definitely cheaper than some of the others (expect upwards of 2000yen per person at other places), but it's still lovely!

Moon Beach hotel in Okinawa extremely relaxing, set against azure waters and coral reef with a lovely white sand beach and two different pools.Lagoon pool

Moon Beach hotel in Okinawa extremely relaxing, set against azure waters and coral reef with a lovely white sand beach and two different pools.

Moon Beach hotel in Okinawa extremely relaxing, set against azure waters and coral reef with a lovely white sand beach and two different pools.


Vines growing inside from the roof
Pin it for later:
Moon Beach hotel in Onna, Okinawa is fantastic! IT's a little retro, but if you can't afford to stay the night, you can still just visit for the day and use their amazing pool and beach facilities.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great photos Rachael. I wasn't much for pools until this summer when I went to a couple with some friends and I am hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this pool looks awesome! I've always been a water person and I always love to check out the pools and beaches nearby whenever I travel somewhere warm. #wanderfulwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, that water is so blue! I'd love to spend a weekend there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome place to spend a day with your family! Really awesome that you can use the resorts just for the day! Even if you can't afford to actually stay there, you can still get the experience :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful pool. And cocktail right besides you. What else would you need. You got me tempted to jump off to my next beach holiday

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pool looks incredible! Okinawa looks nothing like what I had imagined - would love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Economical and beautiful...you found out a perfect gem of a hotel. I love the swimming pool the most

    ReplyDelete