NGV Triennial

21:55


This New Year i've struggled to make any resolutions, but one thing I did decide was to try to go on some kind of adventure at least once a month, whether that be going for a hike somewhere i've never been, going to see a show, or visiting a museum i've never been to. I think it will help keep me sane while navigating my insane job, and also help motivate me to start blogging again. Also, I want to finally get myself a decent camera, because yes, I still take all my photos on my iPhone, and especially on my trip last weekend to Steavenson Falls, I was really regretting my lack of proper camera.

Anyway, in the theme of adventures, this past weekend, my mum came to Melbourne to help out with G while we're working these school holidays (anyone know or have any connections to help me get one of those magical jobs that have all school holidays off work - without having to become a teacher!?). We decided to venture into the the city to visit the National Gallery - NGV and their latest exhibition, the NGV Triennial. The whole exhibition is free and I was really impressed! My only regret is that I went in there hungry and therefore didn't spend as much time as I would like there. I didn't really know what to expect, except I knew there was a Yayoi Kusama installation, which I loved, and unexpectedly, there was also an installation by Teamlab, the awesome people who put on the DMM Planets exhibition I went to in Tokyo the year before last!

The whole thing was also really great for kids, and there was a separate exhibition with hands on things for kids (not sure if it was actually related to the Triennial).
The NGV Triennial runs until 15 April 2018.


The NGV Trienial runs at the National Gallery of Victoria until April 2018
Beautiful

Entrance to the NGV



Loved this installation ,#

Yayoi Kusama's Flower Room
Kids exhibit

View of Melbourne over the Yarra River on a sunny day
Melbourne <3



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! My next work trip to Melbourne is lined up for March, and I usually try and stay for the weekend after. I'm always looking for new things to check out and this looks ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete